What is the J-Marine Routing ?
J-Marine Routing is an easy to use graphical marine voyage optimization system that provides on-board and around-the-clock weather-routing information. This sophisticated yet user-friendly system is both comprehensive and cost effective, making it an indispensable route-planning tool.
Calculate Least Time, Fuel or Cost
Using your on-board computer, J-Marine Routing provides the most recent weather and ocean data to the ship by broadband or email communications in a highly compressed format to minimize communication costs. This data is then used to generate color-enhanced maps and graphics that allow the ship’s captain to easily view and interpret potential problem areas in advance.
J-Marine Routing has an improved optimization algorithm along with customizable speed down and consumption curves that deliver more accurate estimates of fuel cost and time en-route. Both weather induced constraints and no-go zones can be set to account for the special requirements of each particular voyage.
J-Marine Routing resonance alert tool gives captains information to minimize the potential for severe motions.
Collaboration with ECDIS
By linking JRC’s ECDIS with J-Marine routing, you can obtain the optimum routing which takes account of narrow channels and depth.※1
※1 : To Be Developed
High Confidence Forecasts
Accurately Calculate Speed Loss to Get a More Accurate ETA
Climatological Ship Resistance (CSR) is AWT’s proprietary model that provides higher confidence forecasts for voyages over 10 days, enabling the ship’s master to plan short or long term route strategies with the best possible balance of safety and fuel efficiency.
Maximize Fuel Savings
- High-resolution wind and wave data provides better simulation and optimization results to improve route plans
- Improved voyage optimization allows captains to optimize their voyage based on various constraints to find the least cost route
- AWT’s proprietary Climatological Ship Resistance model gives an accurate prediction of speed loss delivering more accurate ETA’s
- Ship-specific speed down and consumption curves enable more accurate forecasts of specific vessel consumption
- High-resolution wind and wave data allows ship captains to take advantage of small variations in wind and wave data to make safer route plans
- Frequent access to detailed port vicinity forecasts
- Improved voyage optimization now shows traffic separation lanes
- Updated pirate attack information includes all information reported to International Maritime Bureau (IMB) and supplemented with NATO reports
- 72 hour rogue wave forecasts of the areas where a freak wave is most likely to occur
- HYCOM current data available daily with tidal streams
- Resonance alerts displays warning symbols to guide the captain to the safest route, providing an indication on which headings and/or speeds can be used to avoid these areas, thereby minimizing the potential of heavy-weather damage
- Delivery of data through broadband with the 16 day forecast updated four times per day and other parameters such as pirate attack information, port vicinity forecasts, satellite imagery and high seas bulletins delivered near real-time